Tuesday 1 January 2013

princess cakes




 A selection of  Princess cakes. My first attempt was an ordeal as the cake stuck to the specially bought tin, but once I bought the cake release that has made a huge difference and they now fall out with a perfect finish. 

Once the sponge skirt is cooked it is really easy to finish and one of my least time consuming cakes. 

I roll out the icing quite thin for these otherwise it does not fall nicely to look like material on a dress. I then add the special doll pick into the sponge skirt and decorate her top half usually using matching icing so it looks like one dress. A thin strip of icing in matching or a contrasting colour is them rolled out and placed around the waist similar to a cumber-band to hide the join and give a better quality finish. I then complete it adding silver balls, flowers and diamanté pieces to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment